About This CBD & Terpene Enhanced Antioxidant Face Cream
Known Acne Fighters In This Formula:
- Jojoba Oil
- At least one clinical trial indicates that jojoba oil can help fight against acne. Jojoba oil has soothing anti-inflammatory agents, healing properties, is moisturizing, and is a natural antimicrobial. These properties suggest that jojoba oil could help you avoid breakouts as well as promote healing for mild acne.
- Rosehip Seed Oil
- Rosehip oil is a great option for acne-prone skin because of its high concentration of linoleic acid. An all-natural, essential fatty acid, linoleic acid has been shown to reduce acne when topically applied. All plant oils contain some amount of linoleic acid, but rosehip oil contains a higher percentage of linoleic acid (compared to other oils like argan oil or jojoba oil) making it a great option for those battling acne. An important thing to note, however, is the linoleic acid in rosehip oil probably won’t get rid of your acne on its own (you’ll need ingredients like salicylic acid, glycolic acid, or azelaic acid to get rid of acne at its core), but it will definitely help the cause.
- Avocado Oil
- When left on for short periods of time and rinsed off with warm water, avocado oil can keep skin hydrated without leaving an oily residue. This may reduce the risk of acne. Avocado oil also has anti-inflammatory effects, which can help to reduce the redness and inflammation associated with acne.
- One way limonene may reduce inflammation is through the inhibition of angiogenesis. Angiogenesis is the formation of new blood vessels, which is an inherent component of inflammation. Thus, by inhibiting this process, limonene may help to reduce inflammation and potentially improve wound healing.
- As an Antioxidant
Like most volatile fragrance components, limonene has strong antioxidant benefits. Antioxidants help to minimize the effects of free radicals. Free radicals are formed as a part of the oxidative stress pathway which is a natural part of the body’s functioning but can be imbalanced by environmental factors such as the sun, smoking, and diet. By reducing the imbalance of free radicals antioxidants are able to limit the damage caused to cells. This is important because when oxidative stress occurs it has been linked with inflammation, uneven skin tone, and premature signs of aging.
- This terpene has a history of being an irritant to some sensitive skin types. If you have very sensitive skin, you may or may not have a reaction to this product. The limonene concentration is low in this product compared to others.
- vitamins A, B5, C & E
- organic jojoba oil
- avocado oil
- rosehip seed oil
- 75 mg CBD per ounce
Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, Avocado Fruit Oil, Organic Jojoba Seed Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Glycerin, Organic Palm Fruit Oil, Stearic Acid, Vitamin E, Sunflower Seed Oil, Organic Neem Seed Oil, Organic Rosemary Leaf Extract, Organic Sunflower Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Rose Flower Water, Rosehip Seed Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Vitamin A Ester, Vitamin C Ester, Provitamin B5, Allantoin, Organic White Willow Bark Extract (Salix Alba), Organic Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Full Spectrum Hemp CBD Extract (Under 0.3% Delta 9 THC), and added terpenes.
Terpene Profile: Tangerine Dream
A sweet and citrusy fragrance that may give some the impression of an orange creamsicle. Invigorating and calming.
Limonene – promotes healthy anti-inflammatory effects in the skin and lesions. Limonene in animal studies has been shown to lessen anxiety and stress. Helps modulate the immune system to have better and quicker responses. In studies, it has been shown to increases the total amount of antibody production. Limonene has the ability to break down and eat away at oils and residues as well, which makes it the perfect companion for people with oily skin!
B-pinene – B- Pinene is a closely studied terpene in the scientific community. B-pinene has been shown to aid in pain relief by inhibiting the signals that produce pain.
Learn more about terpenes here.
There are no reviews yet.